Thursday, September 18, 2014

Recently Read: Heir of Fire

Author: Sarah J. Maas
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
Year Published: 2014
Page Count: 562
Rating: 5/5

Also by Sarah J. Maas:
Throne of Glass
Crown of Midnight
The Assassin's Blade

*This review is spoiler free for the entire Throne of Glass Series*

Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas has taken me a while to finish because of how busy I have been with school, but holy moly did I love this book when I finally got the chance to finish it.


And can I just say, this book is gorgeous! I love the covers for this series!

Since this is the third book in the series, I won't give a synopsis and will just jump right into my thoughts about it. 

If you have not started this series yet, you need to. The series is so action packed and has so many great characters and plot twists and turns. The ending of this book specifically was so crammed packed with action I couldn't read fast enough. I'm really excited about where the next book is going to take us based on the ending and I think this series is only getting better and better. Yes, this is a rather large book, but it follows multiple characters some new, some old, and the action never lulls. 

My favorite thing about this series is Celaena as a character. She is so flawed which means you get mad at her for the way she reacts to events or other characters, but that also means she's so real. She is loyal, fierce, brave, completely full of herself, and stubborn. But more than anything, she is afraid of herself, and she feels so real. 

This novel has some very beautiful scenes that illustrate loyalty and love. They are beautiful because they are gritty and reckless, not because they are perfectly staged. There are also powerful scenes in this novel where Celaena must face herself and her past which are done very beautifully. You can almost feel the love that Maas has for Celaena, which is amazing. I can NOT wait for the next book in this series, and I am NOT looking forward to the long wait we will be facing between books! But I will be just as excited when the tittle and cover are released, because I can't wait to see the next cover for this series.

If I could say one thing to Celaena it would be, You Go Girl!  

Also, Maas is releasing an adult fiction novel, which is a retelling of Beauty and the Beast, titled, A Court of Thrones and Roses. It is the first book in a series and is set to release May, 2015. Yay!      

No comments:

Post a Comment