Monday, September 14, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award!


Greg @ Book Haven nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! (thanks!) This is perfect timing because the new semester just started so I haven't had a chance to do a lot reading; therefore, reviews are at an all-time low. 

1) Do you have a favorite book to share?
Sure, I've got three. I feel like I always talk about the same favorites, so this time I will try and switch it up with some favorites I don't talk about as much.

 

Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton, Ariel by Sylvia Plath, and Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote 
Read them all please! Ethan and Breakfast are novellas and Ariel is a collection of poems.

2) If you could go back in time, what era would you go to?
This question is so hard! There are so many eras I would love to see. I would love to see and be a part of the woman's suffrage movement in America or Britain. But I would also love to hang out in Oscar Wilde's circle, and Mad Men has left me forever obsessed with the 60's aesthetic.

3) If you've read Divergent, which faction are you? If not, skip this one.
I have actually never read Divergent! 

4) What is your favorite game?
Card game: Uno. Bored Game: Monopoly, or any game that requires you to solve some sort of mystery.

5) What fairy tale setting would you visit if you could?
I don't know actually. They are all kind of scary, and young children and women don't usually survive them.

6) Do you have a favorite movie?
I have way too many to count! I made a list of my favorite classic movies here which contains some of my favorite movies of all-time. I also watch the 2005 Pride and Prejudice and Clueless religiously. And whenever life throws a curve ball my way, or I don't know what to watch, I watch an adaptation of Sherlock Holmes, preferably the movie versions with Robert Downey Jr. or Sherlock with Bennedict Cumberpatch. I have both movies and the first two seasons of the TV show too many times to count.

7) TV or movies?
Depends on my mood. If I'm watching something to unwind and destress, I usually turn to a favorite movie. But Netflix has made watching TV shows soooooo easy that now I watch more TV shows than movies. Plus, it's just so much easier to commit to a forty minute episode, than commit to a two hour movie. Even thought I never watch just one episode.

8) Do you share your blog with family or do you keep it on the down low?
No one in my family knew about my blog for a very long time, until recently my younger brother saw it on my computer and was like, "Do you have a blog?" I said, "Yes" and he responded with "Oh cool." and that was the end of the conversation haha.
I'm not trying to keep it a secret really, it just doesn't come up in conversation that often I guess.

9) What is your favorite food?
Another impossible question. I love all food equally. Well, except sea-food. Recently I have been obsessed with Mexican food, like it's to the point that I dream about eating tacos and burritos.

10) If you had an all expenses paid visit to anywhere in the world, where would you go, and why?
Italy! I would love to go to Rome and see all of the history in Italy. And eat all the pizza and pasta!

So, do you guys tell your family about your blog? What's your favorite movie?

2 comments:

  1. Great answers! I've never read Breakfast at Tiffany's, I should. It seems like a lot of bloggers keep their blogs quiet, I've seen a lot of people say they don't really hide it they just don't advertise it either. And yes to Mexican food! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breakfast at Tiffany's is a lot different from the movie, but is equally good. Yes, it's a bit of an odd announcement to make to people you know in real life, so I just don't announce it but don't really hide it either.
      Thanks for stopping by and nominating me!

      Delete