I had a hard time coming up with this list, as I can usually connect to characters in some way or another while reading a novel. But there are some characters that I just didn't care for all that much, or didn't connect with as strongly as other characters.
Hosted by: The Broke and the Bookish
1. Pudge and Alaska from Looking for Alaska by John Green
This is my least favorite Green novel. I find Pudge to be a little immature and annoying, and I really don't like Alaska, although that's not her fault since it's hard to like the Manic-Pixie-Dreamgirl.
2. Will Herondale from The Infernal Devices Trilogy by Cassandra Clare
Team Jem 4 life!
3. Jace from The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare
Jace reminds me a lot of Will, like their personalities are identical, so it's not a surprise that I'm not his biggest fan.
4. Alina from the Grisha Trilogy
This trilogy was fun and a quick read, but I wasn't blown away by it. Everything about this trilogy is a big ehh for me.
5. Twylla from the Sin Eater's Daughter
This book was another one I felt pretty ehh about. The pacing was weird, and all the action happened in the last fifty pages and left me going huh? after I finished it. I'm hoping for more character development in book number two, so I can hopefully connect to Twylla more.
6. Mary from The Agency series by Y.S. Lee
Mary was a pretty flat character for me. I was hoping for more from the first book in this series.
7. Mim from Mosquitoland by David Arnold
I had a really hard time connecting to Mim. I don't know what it was, and I know lots of people loved this book, but I just couldn't connect and I felt a little uncomfortable with the anti-medication message in this novel.
8. Jam from Belzhar by Meg Woliter
I was really hoping to love this book because it was so heavily influenced by The Bell Jar, but it fell flat for me. The big plot twist was ridiculous, and Jam's character wasn't developed enough for my taste.
9. Tally from the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld
Another book and character I feel pretty eh about.
Leave me your link below so we can discuss characters!