Monday, October 14, 2013

Recently Read: City Of Ashes

I finished City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare about a week ago, and I just now remembered I haven't wrote about it yet. This is the second book in the ever popular Mortal Instruments series. This was another quick read for me, I finished it in about two days. My review for the first book City of Bones is here.

I found this book to be just as exciting and hard to put down as the first one. I loved to see the development of the characters and their relationships with each other. I need to buy the rest of the books in the series so I can finish them as quickly as possible. This book, like the first, contains a few surprises and plot turns. I haven't seen the movie yet, since I hadn't read the book when it came out, but the other day I saw that Jonathon Rhys Meyers, who is Henry the VIII on The Tudors plays Valentine. I was totally unaware of this, and it caught me by surprise. I did not see Henry the VIII as Valentine! What do you think of the casting for the movie?

I recommend this book as well as the whole series. I have heard that the third book is even better than the first two, and that the fourth is everyone's least favorite so I am eager to read them and see what I think of them. Make sure to pick this series up if you haven't yet.

 
Meyers as King Henry VIII

Meyers as Valentine

No comments:

Post a Comment