Monday, October 28, 2013

Recently Read: City of Glass

Since I have reviewed the previous two novels in Cassandra Clare's The Mortal Insturments series I thought I would continue and review the third in the series which is City of Glass.

This was my favorite out of the three books. I heard from a lot of other people that this was their opinion as well. When I read a book, the most important element is the characters and the character development. I can enjoy a book with little or no plot if I am interested in the characters and they are well developed. (Books in this list tend to be stream of consciousness books including Mrs. Dalloway, The Catcher in the Rye, The Bell Jar , and This Side of Paradise.) This book had the most character development and interaction. I felt that I really got to understand Jace in this book as well as Alec and Simon. I really like that characters in this book and I enjoy their stories.

This book was funny, and enjoyable. This was originally going to be the end of the series but Clare has since decided to add three more books, the sixth is to be published in the spring of next year. I plan to read the other two very soon. I am interested in seeing the character's relationships evolve. I am enjoying this series. It is fun to find a series of books that just sucks you in and makes you stay up late and run to the bookstore to buy the next one. The last series I read that did that to me was The Hunger Games so it was fun to find another one. If you haven't started this series I highly recommend it.  

Here is my review of City of Bones
Here is my review of City of Ashes



No comments:

Post a Comment