Saturday, November 30, 2013

November Wrap-up

Here's a list of everything I read in November, If I did a review for it, I will link it in this post, if I have not done a review. I will give you some quick thoughts on it.

Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen See My review here.

Papertowns, John Green See My review here.

City Of Fallen Angels, Cassandra Clare See my review here.

The Fault in Our Stars, John Green I didn't review this book, because pretty much everyone has read it, but I really loved it. I read it in one sitting. I started at ten o'clock at night and finished around two o'clock in the morning. It was funny, it was sad, it was insightful, it was everything you would expect a John Green novel to be. If you would like to read more kind words about John Green I would suggest my Papertowns review linked above. If you haven't read this yet, you should. I'm excited for the movie, I think it will be great and very faithfully to the book.

The Son Of Neptune, Rick Riordan See my review here.

Cane, Jane Toomer I read this novel for my English course at college, and although I was not the biggest fan of this novel, I appreciated the creative risks that Toomer took with this piece. It is a Harlem Renaissance piece, as is the book listed below this one. If you enjoy Harlem Renaissance pieces, this may interest you. It is unlike anything I have ever read before, and I would not have picked it up on my own, so I am glad my class introduced it to me.

Passing, Nella Larson See my review for this here.

Although I didn't read everything I had hoped to read this month, looking back, it was a pretty good reading month. November and December are always busy because it is the end of the semester. The first two weeks of December will be horribly filled with papers, projects, and exams, but I plan to read as much as I can over Christmas break. My December TBR list will be coming soon, keep an eye out.

No comments:

Post a Comment