Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Beach Bag Books

Today's Top Ten Tuesday is: Top Ten books that will be in my beach bag 
I usually don't read books that could be considered typical "beach reads" but here's a list of books that I think would be perfect for summer reading.
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

1. The Juliet Club by Suzanne Harper I'm always down for anything that has to do with Romeo and Juliet. This is about a girl who goes to Rome for the summer to work for the Juliet Club, who are responsible for replying to letters addressed to Juliet. I picked this up because I thought it would be the perfect summer read.

2. Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay As I stated above, I love my Romeo and Juliet reworkings. This one seems to be centered around the idea that Romeo and Juliet didn't love each other as much as everyone thought, which sounds interesting.

3. Eat, Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert  Travel stories are great for summer reads, and this is a highly acclaimed travel story I have recently picked up.

4. Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz Contemporaries make great summer reads, and this one has won many awards recently and has been getting lots of positive buzz.

5. Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan I just reviewed Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan here and I am eager to read more by Levithan and I think this is the one I want to read next. It's about two boys trying to break the world record for the longest kiss. 

6. Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan  The only Green book I have yet to
read, and I'm excited to see how his collaboration with Levithan since both are funny and heartfelt writers. This is about two boys with the same name who happen to cross paths.

7. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell I read and reviewed Elanor and Park by Rowell and I am eager to read more from her. This is her adult book, about a man who monitors emails at his office and falls in love with one of his coworkers through her emails.

8. Tumble and Fall by Alexandra Coutts This books takes place right before the end of the world, and I believe there is a romance.

9. Winger by Andrew Smith This is another contemporary, this one about a young boy who is very intellegent and has skipped grades in school at a respected boarding school. I have heard this is funny and heart warming, but the ending is heartbreaking, so be warned! I'm looking forward to reading this as my first Andrew Smith novel.

10. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han This contemporary has been getting a lot of postive buzz lately and seems like the perfect light hearted summer beach read. This one is about a girl who
writes letters to all the boys she has had a crush on or has dated, and they somehow accidentally get sent to all of them.

What summer reads are you guys looking forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment