Thursday, June 19, 2014

Currently Reading: Update

I'm currently reading two books, but I haven't done much reading the past week or so. I'm trying to get back into the previous schedule I was on where I was finishing a book every two or three days.

The first book I'm reading is A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf. This is an essay Woolf wrote in 1929 regarding women authors and the challenges they face and things that hinder their creativity. I am only twenty five pages in, but I already have some thoughts on this piece and the piece has already made some powerful points. I think I might share my thoughts on this piece in two or more parts, but I am not sure yet. This piece is shorter, at one hundred and fifteen pages, but it is a slower scholarly read.

 

In order to break up A Room of One's Own, I have also started These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner. This is a sci-fy young adult novel, that takes place in space. From what I can gather and from what I have heard about this book, it is like Titantic but in space. I'm about fifty pages in and the action is starting to pick up and I am enjoying it so far. This is the first book in a trilogy, but I believe the next two books are companion novels that take place within the same world but follow different characters which sounds interesting. The cover for the second book, which is set to release in December of this year, is just as gorgeous as this book's cover.

I plan to share my thoughts on these books when I finish them, as well as sharing my thoughts on some of the poems for Sylvia Plath's Ariel soon.

What are you reading?  

No comments:

Post a Comment