Saturday, November 28, 2015

Weekly Wrap-Up: Happy Thanksgiving!

What's New:
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving if you're in the States! Mine was great, I loved having a few extra days off from school, but I haven't gotten a lot done off of my to-do list yet. I went out shopping for Black Friday, and it was a pretty calm experience this year which was nice, and I of course ordered some books from Bookoutlet's Black Friday sale, so those will be in an upcoming post. I got eight books, six of which are hardcover, for twenty-seven dollars and that price includes shipping, so that's an awesome deal.

What I Read:
I did a little extra reading this week because of my break from school which was great. I finished The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stefivater in a couple late night reading sessions because I couldn't put it down. I also started The Hourglass Factory by Lucy Ribchester which is a historical fiction mystery of sorts that centers around British Suffragettes.
 

What I Bought:
I got Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer on sale at Target while Black Friday shopping, which was pretty exciting as I hadn't had a chance to pick it up yet.

What I Posted:
Monday- I reviewed The Lamplighter by Maria Susanna Cummins, which is a forgotten American classic that is basically the American Jane Eyre
Tuesday- I discussed Ten Books I'm Thankful For (I loved this topic)
Wednesday- I posted a graphic novel Wishlist 

Last Week's Wrap-Up (Two Weeks in One)

What's Next: 
I planed on scheduling lots of posts this weekend because school is going to be mega-crazy for the next two weeks or so, but that didn't really happen. I'm not sure how many posts I will be getting up in the coming weeks, but I have a review for The Dream Thieves all ready to go for sure next week, beyond that, I will be just as surprised as you are!

Stacking the Shelves Hosted by: Tynga's Reviews
The Sunday Post Hosted by: The Caffeinated Book Reviewer

16 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read Maggie Stiefvater for a long time ! But if I could read all the books I already have on my tablet, that would mean I'm in another dimension ;) Enjoy your haul !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always forget about the books on my ereader! I need to dedicate an entire month to reading from my ereader very soon!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed The Sword of Summer very much. You got a few that I hadn't heard of. Hope you love all your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it! I'm hoping to pick it up soon!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Stiefvater's books seem to be very popular, glad it was good. And I need to read Chase, I've been looking it to come out and now it is and I haven't read it yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have way too many books I've been looking forward to, but haven't read yet.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I need to continue with the Raven Boys series! I loved the first one, and I have at least one of the next books.
    Sounds like you had a nice and quiet Thanksgiving, and sometimes that is so important. Even if your to-do list hasn't been shrinking...
    Have a wonderful week ahead and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying The Raven Boys series! I need to pick up book three soon!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Then Books I'm thankful for sounds like a great topic for a post. Will have to check that one out Mallory!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty books you have here and some are already on my TBR for such long time... ughh. I really have to read them. Happy reading and can't wait to see what you think of them. :)

    MY STS: http://readingadd.blogspot.com/2015/11/stacking-shelves-56.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be sure to come back for your review for Dream Thieves. It's still on my watch list.
    School does get busy this time of year. I hope that you can find a balance that works for you and you can stay clear of too much stress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to get back to The Raven Boys series before I forget what happened in the 1st book. Glad to hear TDT was hard to put down, since it took me a while to get into the first book.

    I really enjoyed Magnus Chase. Enjoy! I can't wait to see what you think after you read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The series is proving to be a lot of fun so far. Glad to hear you liked Magnus Chase, I'm hoping it's as fun as his Percy Jackson books!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete