Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Debut Authors and Books

I don't get around to reading too many debuts before the author's second book comes out, so I'm going to break this list up into two parts: debuts that I loved and can't wait for the author's second book and debuts that I loved by authors who already have more books out. 

Debuts that have me looking forward to book two
 

I loved the free-verse style of this novel, and it was so addicting. I'm really interested to see what else Crossan puts out, especially if it is free-verse.
This is one of my all-time favorite novels, and I have been waiting forever for Towles to release a new novel. 
This contemporary was funny and sweet, it's not very often I really love a contemporary, but I really enjoyed this one. 

 

This adult novel is a really great family saga. I loved all the really big themes this novel contained and the 1970's setting. 
This book really picked up plot wise in the last fifty or so pages, so I'm really interested to see what the sequel holds. 

Debuts I loved, and there is already a book two

 

I might have enjoyed Winters debut more than her sophomore novel, which is really saying something since I loved The Cure for Dreaming. This one is quite creepy and emotional, a combination that works surprisingly well. 

Nelson is an amazing writer. I'll Give You the Sun is one of my favorite books I have read this year, and her debut is high on that list too. I will forever read whatever Nelson writes.

 

This book was so strange and brilliant. 

10. The Paris Wife by Paula McLain 
I really enjoyed this novel about Ernest Hemingway's first wife. I really want to pick up McLain's second novel which came out not too long ago. 

Which debut novel should I read before the end of the year? 

16 comments:

  1. I love John Corey Whaley's books and Jandy Nelson's too. Great list! I can't wait to read Becky Albertalli's 2nd book also--I hear that she is writing a companion about Simon's friend Abby.

    My TTT- http://rachelwritesthings.blogspot.com/2015/11/top-ten-sophomore-novels-that-i-loved.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I didn't know she was writing a companion novel. How cool!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to get to Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng, but I just haven't managed it. I need to try before the year is out. After having read The Uninvited by Cat Winters, I'm curious to try her other work. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything I Never Told You is great! So is Winter's two YA novels! I plan to read The Uninvited soon hopefully!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. It's so exciting when the sophomore novel is already out there to explore! Great list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list, Mallory! Becky Albertalli made my list this week too, and I'd really like to check out One, Everything I Never Told You and In the Shadow of Blackbirds. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both are great and I think you would enjoy them both!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Yes Becky Albertalli!! I can't wait to see what she comes up with next! I love the sky is everywhere, but I love I'll Give You the Sun EVEN MORE! They're both incredible. Great list :)
    Here's my ttt!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nelson is brilliant! I'm looking forward to more heartwarming and hilarious reads from Albertallit!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Cat Winters is one of my new favorites. :)

    Check out my TTT and the weekly meme I hosting on my blog Music Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's great! I can't wait to see what she does in the future!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Great list. You have a few books on here that I have read and enjoyed myself. I think I am also going to have to add a few of these to my Christmas wishlist, it looks like I have missed out on some great debuts recently. I am especially excited to read Simon VS the Homo Sapiens Agenda, I have heard so many good things about that one. Here's my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simon is great! So funny and so swoon-worthy. I had a huge grin on my face for the entire novel! Enjoy!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete