Saturday, November 7, 2015

Weekly Wrap-Up: Feeling Re-Inspired

What's New:
This past weekend I attended the annual Michigan Council of Teachers of English conference for the second year in a row. This event always comes at the perfect time- right after registration for Spring semester. This means it's right after mid-terms, the stress of making a new schedule, seeing how many classes I have before I can get my degree and feeling like I will never graduate, and it's the perfect way for me to be re-inspired and reassure myself that I am getting into the right career for me. English teachers (and teachers in general) are truly special people, and deserve so much more praise and recognition than they often get.

School has also slowed down a bit in the past week, so I found a little time for reading and watching Netflix, which was heaven after the last two weeks. I'm hoping to do lots of reading this weekend and get some posts done that have just been sitting in my brain for a while.

What I Read:
I finished (and really enjoyed) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl and continued on with The Raven Boys by Maggie Stievater. I'm so close to finishing the mammoth that is The Lamplighter by Maira Susana Cummings for my American Lit. class, so hopefully I can get that done within the next week.

I'm still reading The Raven Boys, which has really picked up now so I think I will wiz through the rest of it, and I have started Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator by Roald Dahl. 




What I Bought:
I saw the illustrated Harry Potter in person for the first time today and couldn't leave the store without it. My mom won't be happy to hear that I have bought something off of my Christmas list, but I couldn't leave it.


What I Posted:
Monday- I posted my most recent Just Added post. My TBR is getting out of control!
Tuesday- Top Ten Tuesday was all about Debut Authors and Books
Wednesday- I reviewed Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Thursday- I spotlighted some books on my TBR at my Apartment 

Last Week's Wrap-Up (I'm a survivor)

What's Next: 
I'm hoping to write up some posts this weekend, but I'm not sure what yet. But look out for lots of Girl Power posts for the Classics Club Women's Literature Event, because I have lots of posts I want to get out.

Stacking the Shelves Hosted by: Tynga's Reviews
The Sunday Post Hosted by: Caffeinated Book Reviewer

What gets you re-inspired when you're feeling blah about blogging, reading, creating art, or just life in general? I'd love to hear about it.

11 comments:

  1. Have you read Roald Dahl's Revolting recipes ? They're worth a look ;)
    When I feel blah... it's that I generally a) am tired b) need some time alone. So I manage to find some time alone (not easy), have a good, long, hot bath then have some sleep. Then I'm brand new :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't! I will check it out! I've never been one for baths, but I'm a firm believer that a nap will fix anything (or at least make the situation a little better.)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I just loved Chocolate and Great Glass Elevator as a kid, but hardly remember them now. Our techer read them to us at school. :) Good memories...

    I've been watching so much Netflix that it's cutting int my reading time. I'm going to have to balance that a bit, LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never read them as a kid actually, but I'm enjoying them as an adult! I've gotten hooked on Gilmore Girls, I feel your pain!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I'm really glad you're feeling re-inspired and it's a great idea to do things that help you feel that way. I need to find a bit of inspiration on the writing front so must look for opportunities that will help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to take some time away to get yourself back in a positive mindset every once and a while. Good luck with the writing!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I love Roald Dahl! I recently read Boy because the class I was substituting in had to read it - and it was fun to read about Dahl himself.
    I feel like I'll never get my MA, even if I only (hopefully) have this semester and next to do. However, after my MA in English, I need a second MA in teaching and education, so it still feels like it's neverending! I can totally relate, Mallory!
    Your HP looks so beautiful!
    Have a fantastic week ahead and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Sorry you're feeling the never-endingness of school too! But you'll get there! I haven't read Boy, but it's one of his novels that I'm really interested in!
      Thanks for stopping by Lexxie!

      Delete
  5. I didn't know about the illustrated HP. My friend has been listening to HP and says the reader's voice is to die for. I have to find a sample to hear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The audio books are great! And the illustrated edition is beautiful! They are releasing a new one every year or so for the rest of the series.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I read The Raven Boys a couple months back. It was different. I kinda liked it. Enough to read the second book in the series. Something I probably should do soon before I forget what happened.

    ReplyDelete