Saturday, October 31, 2015

Weekly Wrap-Up: I Survived Midterms! (and the flu)

What's New:
I officially survived midterms! I have written and handed in five papers and one project in the last two weeks and I have not keeled over or pulled my hair out! I also survived the flu in the midst of all this academia, so that is why things have been a little slow and unorganized here on the blog.

But, I'm looking forward to getting caught up on comments and reading my favorite blogs and hopefully I will be able to get back to reading now that things have slowed down!

I have a lot of posts in mind to go along with the Classic's Club Women's Literature event I'm participating in, and I'm hoping to find the time to write them up soon, but for now, I need a break from any heavy writing.

What I read:

Not a whole lot again, still working on The Raven Boys and I am close to finishing The Lamplighter for class. I haven't had a lot of time or energy to sit down and read for a big chunk of time so I have also picked up Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl whenever I have a few minutes.

What I Bought:
Just one thing that my mom picked up for me! One good thing about all the papers is that it doesn't leave me any time to buy or shop for books!
Snake Bite by Andrew Lane number five in the Young Sherlock Holmes series
This series is a lot of fun, and I highly recommend you check it out! 
What I Posted:
Tuesday- TTT: Mysterious Novels Recommendations
Wednesday- I reviewed In the Shadow of Blackbirds by Cat Winters (perfect Halloween read)
Thursday- I posted my TBR for the Classic's Club Women's Literature Event 
Friday- I did another post in my Which Adaptation is Right for You? series, this one on Jane Eyre

Last Week's Wrap-Up (short and sweet)

What's Next: 
I'm hoping to have some more posts up for the Classic's Club Women's Literature Event this week in the form of a poetry spotlight and a list of recommendations. I have a lot of posts I really want to do for the event, I just need to find time to write them up. I'm really excited about this event and I really hope you join in!

Stacking the Shelves Hosted by: Tynga's Reviews
The Sunday Post Hosted by: The Caffeinated Book Reviewer

12 comments:

  1. Congrats on surviving Midterms! What is this Classic's Club Women's Literature event? Is it online? If so, I would love to participate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! I linked the information page in the what's next section of my wrap-up! It would be awesome if you joined!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Ooo, the new Young Sherlock Holmes is reminding me to read book one which is sitting in my pile. Looking forward to the posts for the Classic's Club Women's Lit Event you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really fun series. Glad to hear you are excited about the Women's Lit Event!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Yay for surviving midterms, and the flu! I'm fighting hard to not succumb to the latter at the moment, but it's a struggle. It would give me more time to read though, so it wouldn't be all bad. The young Sherlock Holmes book looks interesting!

    http://natalieslife.com/2015/10/diy-built-in-bookshelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is that time of year isn't it? Lots of stuff going around. Stay healthy!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the midterms- and hope you get some relaxing reading time! That Sherlock book certainly looks interesting, nice cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you survived midterms! Good luck in the next half of the semester.

    Terri M., the Director
    Second Run Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aawesome and good looking book you have here! Happy reading and can't wait to see what you think about it! :)

    My STS: http://readingadd.blogspot.com/2015/11/stacking-shelves-38.html

    ReplyDelete