Saturday, November 21, 2015

Weekly Wrap-Up: Another Two Weeks in One

What's New:
It seems like I have been busy lately, but with what I'm not sure. It just seems that every time I look at the clock it's 11 pm and I'm too tired to write up a post, so I haven't been posting as much in the past two weeks, but the small break has been nice. I'm hoping to be productive in the homework department this weekend, but that's my hope for every weekend and it doesn't usually go as planned. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving break, but not all of the homework I've been saying, "Eh, I'll do it over break" to. The end of the semester is creeping up fast and that means lots of final papers and projects. But enough rambling about school, on to what I've read and posted!

What I Read:
Since my last wrap-up I have finished The Lamplighter by Maria Susana Cummings which I will be reviewing soon as part of my Classics Club Women's Lit Event post series (you can see what I've already posted and find more info about the event here.) I also finished The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater (review linked below) which I loved! I have since started the second book in the series, The Dream Thieves and I'm hoping to really dive in and finish it this weekend.

 


What I Bought:


What I Posted:

Monday- Poetry spotlight on Anne Bradstreet  as part of my Classics Club Women's Event
Tuesday- Ten Book Adaptations I Want to See
Wednesday- I reviewed The Raven Boys

Monday-  I discussed Half the Sky which I read for my women's history class
Tuesday- I shared Ten Quotes I've Highlighted Recently 
Wednesday- I talked about why you should watch The Bletchly Circle (it's because of the kick-ass all female lead)

My Last Wrap- Up (See what had me reinspired) 

What's Next:
Hopefully I can get a few posts wrote up this weekend! I'm having a hard time deciding which book to pick up over Thanksgiving Break and it's consuming most of my bookish mind! I'm hoping to get a review up this week and beyond that I don't know. I'm looking forward to winter break which is coming up in a few weeks so I have more time and energy for reading and blogging!

What's new with you guys? Hope you have a great Thanksgiving if you're in the States!

Stacking the Shelves Hosted by: Tynga's Reviews
The Sunday Post Hosted by: Caffeinated Book Reviewer

14 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you too this week! And enjoy the break- I was able to get ahead a while back and it's the only way I've been able to get posts up, when it gets busy. Life doesn't always cooperate. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg! I love getting posts scheduled ahead of time and being able to forget about writing posts for a while!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your homework, and I have Maggie on my list of authors to read!!
    Come visit my haul of 30 books for my first STS!!
    http://thebestbasicblogger.blogspot.com/2015/11/stacking-shelves.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mallory I can relate to that feeling of not having any time. I actually DO have time but the day seems to slip by and suddenly it's evening and I just want to go to bed and not sit at my computer to write something.

    I'm sure you'll get to your homework!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I feel exactly the same way!
      Thanks for stopping by and the encouragement!

      Delete
  4. I hope you'll be able to finish your projects, Mallory! I'm in the same boat, lots of papers to prepare, presentations to finish, and then, in January it's exam session time...
    Have a fantastic week ahead and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The end of the semester is such a hectic time! It will be over soon though! Hang in there!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Isn't it amazing how time flies? And the older I get the more speed it seems to acquire!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with getting everything done! I remember my first job after college coming home from work and realizing I was DONE for the day. No papers, no programming no nothing. It was fabulous. I really want to read Raven Boys. It sounds like an interesting series. Have a great week and a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if I will ever have that feeling as a teacher!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I have been wanting to read The Raven Boys!! I have yet to read a Maggie Stiefvater book! Crazy, right? Everyone loves her books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving the series right now! The Raven Boys was my first Stiefvater novel!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete