Sunday, December 29, 2013

Recently Read: City of Lost Souls

Last night I stayed up to finish the fifth book in the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. Preparing for Christmas and a six day power outage has lead to a minimal amount of reading over this break from school, but I'm going to try and read as much as I can before I have to go back to school next month.


I enjoyed this book as much as I enjoyed the first three books in this series. In this book, a lot of relationships begin to deepen between the characters and there is a lot of making out! I of course enjoyed the characters in this book and found them funny and endearing, as I did in the other books of the series.

This book allowed me to appreciate Clare's writing style. She is able to write her books in a way that makes them addictive, once you start reading it you have a hard time putting it down. She also evoked a number of new emotions from me for certain characters in this book. (I don't want to say too much, but if you have read it, you probably know who I am referring too).

I would of course recommend this series, and if you read the fourth book and thought ehh and haven't picked this one up yet, pick it up, it is on the same level as the first three books in the series. I am rather anxious for the last book's release, which is this spring I believe, I want to see how this series wraps up for our characters. I am also considering reading the e-book novellas Clare has written to go along with the series about Magnus, called The Bane Chronicles. Have you read any of them? Do You like them?  

City of Bones review (book one)
City of Ashes review (book two)
City of Glass review (book three)
City of Fallen Angels review (book four)

No comments:

Post a Comment